Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Megan Winegar Update

Hello friends! I can't believe we've been back for four years!
In 2008 some of you know I went back to London to work as Dr. Benfell's TA and program facilitator, so I got to revisit a lot of our favorite places (and sit through the Shakespeare class again so that I could be the TA.) It was wonderful, but I missed you all. However, London itself was just as wonderful the second time around, and I loved feeling like I was coming home because everything felt so familiar. (My grad program just sent out an email about another study abroad there and it's SO tempting.)
The London trip was the last thing I did at BYU before I graduated, but by the time I came home I had decided to go to grad school instead of trying to get a teaching job right away. I spent last year doing internships, studying for and taking the GRE, applying for grad schools, answering phones, doing some internet marketing, and trying to figure out what to do with my life.
I'm currently attending the School of Library and Information Science at Indiana University. I haven't decided yet whether this was an economically sound decision, but I love my program and I love Bloomington. I live with two other girls from the YSA branch here, and since they're also studying Library Science, we have named our apartment after as many famous library things as possible (D'CALC: Dewey Carnegie Alexandria Library of Congress) and we have two librarian action figures. It really ended up being a great place for me (even though I wanted to go to Ann Arbor to live with Katherine Fisher instead. Stupid Michigan with their crazy-expensive tuition.) and I love it.

At a regional activity that was almost in Ohio. Not really worth it for the activity, but it was funny that so many people drove so far for a corn maze.

Halloween costume take one. I think we ended up with three.

My roommate and I made Thanksgiving for everyone who had to stay in Bloomington. It was a complete success, even though the turkey guts were gross.

I ALSO have a blog and I know some of you have also seen the blog project I've been working on with some friends (in fact a couple of people claim to be working on guest posts for it - hint hint) because we advertise it obnoxiously on facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Megan! How far is it from Bloomington to Athens, OH? We need to bridge that gap asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five and a half hours! I've gone almost that far for a corn maze! Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan! It makes me so happy to think of you living with an apartment of librarians! How wonderful! I am wildly jealous that you got to pound the pavement in London again! So great to hear how things are going!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete